Have you tried dot grid paper? It’s the new freckled kid on the block! In contrast to traditional wide rule, college rule, narrow rule, French rule, graph, grid, blank or plain paper, dot grid paper has a grid of evenly spaced dots designed to be subtle guides for your writing or sketching. Frequently these dots are spaced at 5mm intervals across the page and could be compared to the intersections of the lines on 5mm graph paper. However, since there are only light colored dots instead of the busy lines on graph paper, the dotted format is a much less intrusive way to guide your pen or pencil across the page.
If you wanted to give dotted paper a try, what options are available to you? This blog post is our shopping guide to some of the dot grid paper we love.
Dot Grid Paper Journals
The dotted Rhodia Webnotebook has deliciously smooth ivory colored 90g paper that pairs well with fountain pens. The Italian leatherette hard-cover comes in either orange or black, and the journal comes in both medium and pocket sizes.
- Rhodia Webnotebook Medium, Orange – Dot Grid
- Rhodia Webnotebook Medium, Black – Dot Grid
- Rhodia Webnotebook Small, Orange – Dot Grid
- Rhodia Webnotebook Small, Black- Dot Grid
Leuchtturm1917 makes a classy hard cover journal with quality 80g off-white dot grid paper. A cool feature of these journals is that they have numbered pages and a blank table of contents so that you can easily find your place when you need to.
- LEUCHTTURM1917 Dot Grid Notebook- Large, White
- LEUCHTTURM 1917 Dot Grid Notebook – Large, Gray
- LEUCHTTURM 1917 Dot Grid Notebook – Large, Black
- LEUCHTTURM 1917 Dot Grid Notebook – Large, Orange
- LEUCHTTURM 1917 Dot Grid Notebook – Large, Royal Blue
- LEUCHTTURM 1917 Dot Grid Notebook – Pocket Size, Black
Dotted Reporter Style Notebooks
When you need to take notes or make sketches on the go a reporter style notepad sure comes in handy. Take some dotted paper on the road with the Rhodia Webnotepad.
Dot Grid Top-Stapled Notepads
Rhodia DotPads have bright white paper with a 5mm grid of pale violet dots. These notepads are so versatile you can use them just about anywhere!
- Rhodia DotPad No. 18 – 8 1/4 x 11 3/4, Orange
- Rhodia DotPad No. 16 – 6 x 8 1/4, Orange
- Rhodia DotPad No. 12 – 3 3/8 x 4 3/4, Orange
- Rhodia DotPad No. 18 – 8 1/4 x 11 3/4, Black
- Rhodia DotPad No. 16 – 6 x 8 1/4, Black
- Rhodia DotPad No. 12 – 3 3/8 x 4 3/4, Black
Dot Grid Sketch Pads
When you frequently use a pencil for writing or drawing, paper with just the right amount of tooth is much appreciated. The Clairefontaine Graf it Sketch Pad has white 90g acid-free paper with a subtle grid of pale violet dots. These notepads are versatile enough to be used as either a sketchbook or a notebook.
- Clairefontaine Graf it 90g Sketch Pad – 8.25 x 11.75, Dot Grid
- Clairefontaine Graf it 90g Sketch Pad – 6 x 8, Dot Grid
What’s your favorite dot grid paper? What do you like to use it for?by